Nihongoresources live chat
(It will take a little while to load the java applet, and it will probably look like it's positioned wrong while loading...
Don't worry, it will place itself properly on the page after the class loader is done ^_^;)
Observe the following rules in the chat channel though:
- Due to varying skill levels there may be some bad japanese uttered, so please do not make fun of anyone. You can correct bad Japanese, that's why we're here, but no ridiculing or making fun of people.
- Concerning writing japanese: the chat channel can handle Japanese but if you must use romaji, please hepburn or similar format. Please don't use a romaji that's unnatural to read like "si" for し or "tu" for つ.
- Also, because this is a language channel, no AOL-english, use the normal flavour. If you use poor English, we will correct you. Persistently.
- Please refrain from using the word "jap" to refer to Japanese, as this is be considered a derogatory term. If you're lazy (but how much effort is it to type the full word ;) just use "jp" instead.
- Finally, be patient. If you ask a question and no one is answering, bear in mind that most people in the channel are not behind their computer 24/7, some just leave their computer turned on. Don't try to catch the attention a lot, your text won't disappear off the screen if no one is talking, so we'll see it when we look in.
Of course, you can also connect to the channel (#nihongo on irc.irchighway.net) using a normal (stand-alone) IRC client such as mIRC or XChat.